cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find replacement o-rings for my WP-DC53 housing?

augiegator
Apprentice

I've looked all over the web but have not been able to find replacement o-rings for the WP-DC53 housing for my G1X MKII.

They may be of a standard size, but I've not found any documentation anywhere to confirm that.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

It will be housing specific & you'll need to order it from Canon. Hopefully one of their moderators will provide the contact info. I just wanted to point out how I treat mine. I've used the Canon housing for my G9 for 5 years & at the end of each dive trip I remove the O ring from the groove & place it inside the housing & then close the housing. That keeps it from getting flattened. When it's time to go diving again I  very carefully clean the groove, lid & the O ring plus apply a very small amount of silicone lube to the O ring & re install it. It's very important to make sure nothing gets trapped in that area before closing up the housing.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank you. I've had u/w housings for many years, but this is my first Canon. I seem to be able to find replacements for just about every other brand on line. Thanks for the tips!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements