cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to get service

hobson
Contributor

I've had my G15 since December, should still be under warranty. There are no specific problems. Everything works. But I am not happy with the quality of the pictures. Specifically, they often seem a little blurry or don't focus where I think they are going to. I like to shoot in low light a lot. I hear that the G15 has acceptable noise up to a high ISO. But it seems to me there is quite a lot of noise. But the focus problem happens in good light.

So, my question is whether I should send it in for service. Anyone had the experience of sending a camera in that was functional with nothing specific wrong with it? Will I be charged if there is nothing wrong with it?

11 REPLIES 11

Hello. I looked at the CR2 file in DPP. I think it loks fine. I turned on the distortion check box in the Lens toolbar and it seemed to help a tiny bit, but when I look at the image at 1:1 the wood grain is clear, text on spray cans is readable etc.

But, since it is under warranty maybe for your own peace of mind you should send it in.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, I really appreciate the time you have taken on this.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements