cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to get service

hobson
Contributor

I've had my G15 since December, should still be under warranty. There are no specific problems. Everything works. But I am not happy with the quality of the pictures. Specifically, they often seem a little blurry or don't focus where I think they are going to. I like to shoot in low light a lot. I hear that the G15 has acceptable noise up to a high ISO. But it seems to me there is quite a lot of noise. But the focus problem happens in good light.

So, my question is whether I should send it in for service. Anyone had the experience of sending a camera in that was functional with nothing specific wrong with it? Will I be charged if there is nothing wrong with it?

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Before you decide to get service find a local camera store or camera club and let them take a look at what your concerns are. maybe they can help you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for you answer. The local camera store I trusted have closed. I like the idea below of posting problem shots for canon to look at, so I think I will try that.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi hobson!

Thanks for posting.

Since the camera is still in warranty, you would not be charged either way.  The only way charges would apply is if the Factory Service Center determines the camera needs repair and the cause of said repair is not covered by the warranty.  If you would like to, you are more than welcome to send the camera to them for evaluation.  To start the process of sending the camera in for evaluation, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Before you do, we would like to determine if this is something that can be resolved without sending the camera in. 

Do you have a sample image we can take a look at?  If so, please either upload it to this thread or link to it so we can take a look.  Make sure it is in its original form, just as it came out of the camera.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your answer. It feels as though the AF is not working right. I will find a pic I think is representative of the problem and upload it.

Wasn't sure if I was imaging but I've looked at the sample photo for the G15. Mine are never like that. so here are some photos. if I can upload them. IMG_0200[1].JPG

Hmm, I can't upload raw files, too big. Strange, the pic I uploaded looks better than when I load it into Photoshop. Here is another. I just couldn't tell where it was focusing. When I zoom it in the camera, nothing looks really sharp. The camera was on a solid surface to avoid shake. IMG_0185[1].JPG

Unfortunately, I have a couple of raw files, one taken in aperture mode, the other shutter priority of the office scene. They were all with the camera on the desk and neither of them is sharp. I don't know how to upload them without some processing since they are in raw mode and quite large.

See your personal messages.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements