cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of USB cable is required for the SX600?

xavier714
Contributor

I recently purchased the PowerShot SX600 HS point and shoot and it did not come with a USB cable. I tried various cables I have, but none of them fit the output on the camera. Is there a specification I can ask for when I go to the electronics store to purchase one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

you need a common USB cable to plug into your computer and with a mini-B end to plug into your camera..you can get thise anywehre.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

you need a common USB cable to plug into your computer and with a mini-B end to plug into your camera..you can get thise anywehre.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. That's exactly the information I needed.

your welcome!

Two small things:  "Mini-B" also goes by the name Mini USB, to differentiate it from "Micro USB".  It'll help if you're looking online where there are a gazillion cables.

And two:  I would highly recommend getting a cable with a ferrite bead.  It's a high frequency filter.  I've used cables without them that functioned alright, but I've also had issues.  If you're going to buy one, you might as well get one with the filter.  Like this one (the filter is the little cylinder on one end):

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-3-Feet-Mini-B-Ferrite-105447/dp/B003L1380E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

Thank you, Skirball! This is also very helpful--I've seen cables like this but didn't know the difference. I'm really surprised the camera doesn't come with the cable--my previous digital, a Fuji, came with everything I needed. I suppose with the built-in Wi-fi Canon expects the consumer to wirelessly download the pictures, but I prefer to download manually for more control.

Announcements