cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a Canon SX40Hs and cannot activate the digital zoom function. can you help?Thanks

HPL
Enthusiast

We have a Canon SX40Hs and cannot activate the digital zoom function.  I have tried changing the mode from Auto to "P" to "Tv" etc and the dig zoom function is greyed out and not accessible.  Any help?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

Have you checked Digital zoom is set to on?

Press Menu then move the control dial to highlight Digial Zoom then press the right or left side of the dial to select Standard which is the default setting..

Actually, this is a friend's camera, but yes, I went to the menu and when I got to the digital zoom option, it is greyed out (not accessible).  That is the problem.  I shoot in the EOS line so figured maybe there was a custom function somewhere that was causing the problem, but Power shot line apparentley doesn't have custom functions.  Thought maybe digital zoom is only availabel in certain modes (pernaps not available in "green square"), but changing mode didn't seem to make it accessible either.  I am just not familiar with the powershot cameras so ...  any other suggestions?

Ok in addition the digital zoom can only be used with aspect ratios of either 16:9 or 4:3 and the pixel setting must be set to L or 4:3 in all other pixel settings.

If you have those set then as a last resort try a reset to defaults through the menu.

Camera was at 4:3 and L fine.  The owner claims to have already done the "return to defaults" so I was and still am stumped.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements