cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI connection for Power Shot SX530HS

elsa_s
Apprentice

I can no longer upload my photos onto my computer.  I was able to do so as recently as 3 days ago but now I keep getting "Check network settings" when I tried to re-establish my one-touch connection.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Elsa_s,

Thank you for posting.

The Canon iMAGE Gateway, which is required for the wireless transfer of images, was taken down for maintenance, however our technicians ran into difficulties requiring additional work. At this point, we expect the work to be completed Wednesday, May 30th or so.

As a work-around, you may still transfer images using your camera's USB terminal. The USB terminal, on PowerShot cameras, is underneath a cover on the right-hand side of the camera (as you're holding the camera to take a photo).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sanddweller
Apprentice

This has been happening to me. I have the same camera, and have been emailing Canon for three days,

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Elsa_s,

Thank you for posting.

The Canon iMAGE Gateway, which is required for the wireless transfer of images, was taken down for maintenance, however our technicians ran into difficulties requiring additional work. At this point, we expect the work to be completed Wednesday, May 30th or so.

As a work-around, you may still transfer images using your camera's USB terminal. The USB terminal, on PowerShot cameras, is underneath a cover on the right-hand side of the camera (as you're holding the camera to take a photo).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I cannot get the wi-fi working. The SD card is not recognized by the computer (unlike virtually every other device I have that uses a SD card) And now, connecting from USB does not seem to work either. I must say, that of all the devices I have connected to my PC over the years, canon cameras are by far the worst. I am so frustrated right now!!!! This is not rocket science people! There's a name for a camera without functional connectivity; it's called a brick. Please fix your products!!!

I've been troubleshooting this issue with transferring files from my PowerShot G7 to Win10 computer using the Gateway and Image File Transfer Utility. It's been working for years but just suddenly stopped the other day.

thanks for posting that the issue is technical at the Gateway server. Sure hope they get it resolved.

In the meantime i can use the USB cable or the WiFi connection and CameraWindow program which is working fine.

thanks,   -phil

Announcements