cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewfinder image fades while taking pictures

SueL56
Apprentice

I have a Powershot SX60HS.  While taking pictures my viewfinder image fades and the image recorded is faded.  I can turn off the camera and then turn it on again and the image is normal -no longer faded. It seems to happen when I shooting toward a light source -not directly at the light source.  This is new a occurrence--do you think there is a problem with the camera ( about 3 years old).  Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SueL56, 

With regards to the warranty, please send whatever paperwork you have which can confirm the purchase date of the unit.  This is what the Factory requires to process a warranty.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SueL56,

Yes, that doesn't sound like anything that a change in settings would affect, but it may be a screen or internal connection issue. You can use the link below to submit the camera for repair:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Thank you.

Sue

Hi Mark,

I just went on the website you recommended but I just get an voice message that says this product is no longer being supported (PowerShot SX60HS).  Do you have any suggestions on how I can get my camera looked at?

Thanks,

Sue

SueL56, 

The Canon PowerShot SX60HS is still being supported.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

www.usa.canon.com/repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, I  did find that Canon would repair my PowerShot SX60 HS.  I  have the receipt for my original PowerShot SX60HS (broken and could not be repaired).  The Canon Repair Center sold me a brand new one from overstock cameras they had for $89.97).  I just have my visa transaction for the camera only- will that be enough verification?

Thanks,

Sue

SueL56, 

With regards to the warranty, please send whatever paperwork you have which can confirm the purchase date of the unit.  This is what the Factory requires to process a warranty.  

Announcements