cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verrrrrry slow read to memory card

G5X
Apprentice

Just purchased the relatively new G5X.  20MP, and using a Sandisk 32GB  95MB 633X card. Have selected JPEG fine and not raw, but it takes nearly 7 seconds to read each shot onto card. Is there such a thing as having too much memory card??

3 REPLIES 3

smack53
Mentor

That memory card is listed as compatible with the G5X, and is one of the fastest cards available, so I would think a call to Canon's Service Center would be in order. That camera has the following specs: Continuous Shooting, One Shot: Approx. 5.9 shots/sec.,Servo: Approx. 4.4 shots/sec. So 7 seconds seems quite long for one photo to be recorded to the card.

Steve M.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi G5X,

From your description, it soulds like the High ISO NR (Noise Reduction) option has been enabled. Unless you're shooting in low lighting and at a high ISO, I recommend turning this feature off.

There's a description of this setting shown on page 80 of the PowerShot G5X Camera User Guide.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'll have to check this out on mine also.  Very slow.....always seeing that busy icon.    Although most of my tests have been taking RAW.  

Powershot GX5, Pixma-100, Nikon D-300 and D-90
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements