cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using high capacity memory card with Powershot SX50 HS

KittyMartyr
Apprentice
I have a Powershot SX50. It's got a 64GB class 10 memory card. Is video recording going to stop when 4GB worth of footage is shot? The manual says recording will automatically stop when the clip file size reaches 4GB, or after 29 minutes and 59 seconds. I want to shoot longer video than that, that's why I got a high-capacity memory card. Will it still stop after 29 minutes? Do I just save the clip and start recording again, or what?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nope just start recording agian 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mykolas
Authority

Hi KittyMartyr!

Thanks for posting.

The camera will stop recording once either limit is reached first, whether than is the 4GB file size limit, or the 29:59 clip time limit.  A new recording must then be started.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I just start recording again after it stops, right? Do I have to do anything in particular to restart the video recording?

Nope just start recording agian 

Thanks, John!

John_
Authority

Yes what the nice person from Canon said is sorrect. In my opinion it is a buily in limitation to keep the camcorder division seperate and proteced from camreas that record high quality video.

Unless there is some other explanation ?

Announcements