cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual display after photo taken

cryptogram
Apprentice

I've done something and don't know what it is! After the shot is taken, the screen has a small image of what was taken and a whole lot of data down the right hand side and along the bottom. But I don't want that. What have I done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the help. I've now sorted it. The problem was not with playback, it was what came on the screen after a shot was taken. I now find that in Menu there is a Review section and this was set to On, which means the camera settings were shown automatically after the shot, which I didn't want. I had lent the camera and somehow this option had got set!

All solved, and thanks for being interested. Camera's a G12, BTW.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have an ifo or disp button? try pressing those to toggle the available displays.

I do have a display button but all that affects is the display before the picture is taken. What is happening at the moment is that the display changes after the shot to a blank, and then a third of the screen showing the current view with data to the right and underneath.. Resetting the display has no effect on this 'problem'.

I don't see what model of camera you have, but I looked at the manual for the G5mkII and found on page 212 it has information on Customizing Playback Information Display.  It says that when displaying photos in Playback mode you can cycle through the different information display options by pressing the down arrow button.

It also says that you can go to Playback menu 4 and customize which of the different Information Display options are available in the cycle.  Select [Playback Information Display], and then put a checkmark in the options that you would like to have available and erase the checkmarks from those options you would like to avoid.

If you have a different camera, try checking your manual for terms such as Customzing Playback.

Thanks for the help. I've now sorted it. The problem was not with playback, it was what came on the screen after a shot was taken. I now find that in Menu there is a Review section and this was set to On, which means the camera settings were shown automatically after the shot, which I didn't want. I had lent the camera and somehow this option had got set!

All solved, and thanks for being interested. Camera's a G12, BTW.

Announcements