cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change wifi password on Canon powershot SX620 hs

LindaKS
Apprentice

I installed the software on my computer for the Canon SX620 hs, but when I first typed in the wifi password on the camera itself, I typed it in wrong. How do I go back and change it? Whenever I try to connect, the camera is unablet o connect to the computer because the password is wrong. I tried uninstalling the software from my computer and reinstalling it, but that hasn't solved the problem. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

newsense52
Rising Star

From camera menu tools select " Reset all wifi settings to default ", then off the camera.

Do the other way to connect  by making the computer wifi dominant first, open the app on the computer  and follow until it says " not connected to camera". If these words will not appear, the computer is not connected to the router.

Now wifi, nfc " on " , password " on " the camera and copy the camera SSID in the camera. Do it slowly, if you make mistakes repeat the process stated above.

If they are both linked to each other, images can be easily transfered.

Thanks for your response. However, I can't get to the tools menu on the camera. Still can't figure it out...already tried uninstalling it from my computer and reinstalling it, but that hasn't helped. All tips welcome!

If your computer is MAC - no way to transfer it, only use USB  and not wifi. Ok for windows 10 wifi use.

In your camera press menu use arrow going right to select an icon like wrench, then press arrow down to select reset.

For the first time doing the wifi connection you will copy the camera SSID in the camera and enter your router password.

At the end of text entry place highlight at the arrow pointing right in upper part of screen, then press func/set button then press menu to proceed to the next.

If you have done it already, connect both devices to wifi and it will  automatically  transfer image - but be sure press the playback function of your camera to auto  transfer.

Be sure you installed canon camera connect app.

Let me know what you have done and where it stops to figure out what to do next.

Hi LindaKS,

Thanks for posting.

I regret the delay in replying to your post.

If you're still encountering difficulty with this, are you still unable to get to the settings menu to erase Wi-Fi settings?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements