cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB connetion issues

PhilW4
Apprentice

I have a Canon SX50 HS and it has stopped connecting to my laptop. I have changed the USB cable. Any suggestions

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

So you plug it in with a memory card in it turn it on and press the play button with a good battery in it and nothing happens?

Does it show up in your system under My Computer as a storage device, depending on your comp and OS it should show somewhere?

Do you have another comp to try in on?

I have tried it on a netbook and it connected normally.

The problem I have is with a Toshiba Satellite L350-21T on which I keep all my photos and Photoshop Elements. It runs Windows 7. It was working fine up until 6 weeks ago so I am puzzled. It recoginses a memory stick in the port just fine. I have checked the devices through Control Panel and there are no problems reported on the USB ports. I have rebooted the laptop and the problem persists. The camera battery is fully charged.

I have had to download the photos on to the netbook and use Dropbox to transfer them.

Tiffany

Hi PhilW4!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other error messages or details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest but this has been resolved now. It turned out to be a driver issue in the USB ports.
Thanks

great to hear its solved..you pretty much narrowed it down to something on that comp

Announcements