cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Photos at Once

oldschoolbob
Apprentice

I have a PowerShot SX 530 HS. Now, for some reason it's taking two photos everytime I take a picture. One is just slightly offset from the first. I know very little about this camera so I'm sure I have a setting wrong somewhere.

Thanks

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Oldschoolbob,

Thank you for taking time to post.  I recommend resetting your camera to its default settings.  Here's how:

1. Press the [MENU] button and navigate to the  tab.
2. Choose [Reset All], then press .
3. Press the  buttons or turn the dial to choose [OK], and then press the button.

4. Default settings are now restored.

Does your camera still take two shots when you take a photo?

If so, in which mode are you shooting?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Oldschoolbob,

Thank you for taking time to post.  I recommend resetting your camera to its default settings.  Here's how:

1. Press the [MENU] button and navigate to the  tab.
2. Choose [Reset All], then press .
3. Press the  buttons or turn the dial to choose [OK], and then press the button.

4. Default settings are now restored.

Does your camera still take two shots when you take a photo?

If so, in which mode are you shooting?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Richard. I followed your suggestion and it seems to work fine again. I took 6 photos and got 6 pictures.

I really like this camera. It does everything I need but I don't know much about using it. I just recently learned how to make videos.

I'm retired and as a hobby I rebuild old pinball machines. I take dozens of photos that I find very helpfull when I re-assemble the game. Especially the detail photos. 

I always have my camera set on "AUTO" and I usually get clear detailed photos. Do you have any suggestions that might help my picture taking?

Thanks

Bob

Announcements