cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring videos through Image Sync

charleyhorse
Contributor

Image sync seems to be working on my camera but it's not transferring any videos. Is that normal?

It was transferring videos fine yesterday. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get it to transfer videos to CIG?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Charleyhorse,

Thanks for posting.

Please check for the following settings:

Press the MENU button, then navigate to the "Settings" (has the hammer & wrench icon) tab, then choose Wi-Fi Settings. Scroll down to "Image Sync", then use the right/ left arrow buttons to select "Stills/ Movies.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_Ray
Contributor

Hello charleyhorse!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera and the operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Thank you for the help. I'm using a Canon G16 and a Mac (OS 10.6).

Hello. Is anyone there? I'm asking: Does Image Sync only transfer images and not videos? If you know the answer to this question please respond.

mcbain
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. Image sync is only sending images, not videos.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Canon. For the past 2 days I've been struggling with Canon's CameraWindow and Image Transfer Utility trying to get my shots transferred from my G9X to Win10 through Wifi and this was the best I could get: only images not videos, so it's pretty useless. It just cannot be this difficult to do the most basic and common thing a camera user wants to do. The transfer process is so complex, user interface so unclear and following the manual doesn't help so I'm lost at this point. I'm a software engineer so I would think I could figure out how this thing works... but no.

Finding this 1 year old thread describing the same problem and Canon's user support not giving any response is just sad. So here's my advice in solving the problem:

1. Workaround: Take out the SD card and move images/videos the old-fashioned way using a card reader.

2. Solution: Switch to other camera brand.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Charleyhorse,

Thanks for posting.

Please check for the following settings:

Press the MENU button, then navigate to the "Settings" (has the hammer & wrench icon) tab, then choose Wi-Fi Settings. Scroll down to "Image Sync", then use the right/ left arrow buttons to select "Stills/ Movies.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements