cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer mov files from A1300 to dvd

nodsirrah
Apprentice

My wife has taken many movies, on our A1300, of our Great Granddaughter only to discover when I copy them to a DVD we can only watch them on the computer! When I put the DVD in a DVD player it goes through the loading process and then I get a screen that shows "DISC ERROR", I tried the DVD in 2 other players.

What do I need to do to get them in a format acceptable to the DVD player?

I admit I am an 83 year old non-tech.Man Sad

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

This may be any easy fix, but we'll need to know what computer operating system (such as Windows 7) you used to make the disk, and what software was involved. It may just be that the disk format needs to be changed to allow use in a DVD. That takes place at the end of copying the files onto the DVD when you close out of the copy software. You should have gotten an option to choose whether to allow the disk to be used in a DVD player. But this depends on the operating system and software as I mentioned before.

Steve M.

Thanks for the info. I am running Win7.

Nothing I have found in Win7 can "Finalize" the copied files.

I had to resort to free software to convert the mov to MPEG, unfortunately I have gotten so confused I don't remember which of the 10 I tried finally did the trick, and it did not give the option to copy it to a DVD. I then had to use "image burn" to move the files from my harddrive to the DVD.

Canon should be ashamed not to offer a way to convert the mov files to MPEG. There is no easy way to share the files with family members that don't have a computer to play the videos, only a DVD can do that!

I have wasted 14 DVR-R discs trying to accomplish this.

If I could afford it I would toss the Canon Sure Shot A1300 in the trash can and buy a camera that can create videos in a format that can produce DVD's.

Needless to say Canon has lost a customer!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements