Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

The LCD on my PowerShot SX10 has stopped working - is there a reset or some other way to fix it?

It won't display at all - any suggestions?

Super Contributor

Re: The LCD on my PowerShot SX10 has stopped working - is there a reset or some other way to fix it?

[ Edited ]

You said the display so I take it the camera works just fine otherwise, ie being able to downnload pictures etc.

I would imagine the ribbon cable, the back light or the display itself is at fault.

Since it has a 'twistable' display I would imagine the cable harness to the display has been damaged with all the movement  and stresses  the cable suffers. If you imagine a very thin wire and you keep waggling it about it will soon fracture and break.

This is what *may* have happened - it did happen to my A650. I managed to repair myself by getting a complete new cable assembley, it is no easy task since you have to strip the camera and handle very tiny screws afterall, I am an electronics engineer ....  a job certainly not for a novice so to speak.

By all means try a full reset in the menu, but I doubt that will cure the problem for the reasons given.

Best advice would be to seek a Canon repair agent near your locality.

Dave

New Contributor

Re: The LCD on my PowerShot SX10 has stopped working - is there a reset or some other way to fix it?

Thanks!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did dropped a clanger in my last reply....!!!!!!

I said...... By all means try a full reset in the menu, but I doubt that will cure the problem for the reasons given.

Impossible if it's not powering up - sorry!

Dave