cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV display of pics.

wyoming
Apprentice

I used to be able to show my pictures on my TV and they were in color.  Now they show up in black and white.  I have made no changes to the camera.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi wyoming!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon camera you're using, and how you're connecting it to your TV.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a Power Shot SD1200 IS  Digital ELPH.  I connect it with yellow to yellow and black to white. 

Check to see what video output you are using (NTSC/PAL). Press the menu button, select the tools tab, and [Video System] to switch to the correct video system. This has to match the TV system or else it won't display images correctly. So whichever setting it is when you check, I would set it to the other and try again to see if that took care of the problem.

Steve M.

Yes check what smack has suggested for the NTSC or PAL output and what your TV is set to.

Also a feature I really like about your camera is that you can use a TV or monitor to view live images of what you are shooting. Try that too if need be and see if the TV is color then.

I assume the LCD is displaying correctly ?

John_
Authority

What model camera do you have ?

Sometimes I have accidentally made a change on my camera, SX50 that I wasn't aware of also there may be a setting on your TV that has changed ?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements