Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

TAK star-598 Microphone not working with Canon SX30 IS

Hello everyone! I have an older powershot SX30 IS it works great and I got a new Takstar-598 microphone and I got and audio cable adapter for it as well. the mic turns one but it is not working with the camera. I try lowering the volume of the camera mic but that didn't work either. 

Does anyone knows any other steps I may be missing or should I just try returning the mic? or could it be the cable? neither the mic or the cable came with any instructions and I just can't figure this out.

VIP

Re: TAK star-598 Microphone not working with Canon SX30 IS

You have a microphone problem, not a camera problem.  As you said, the camera works just fine.  I would try to return the microphone for a full refund.  Your camera does not have an input for an external microphone.  You may damage the camera.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."