cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing

cbrodie184
Apprentice

My PowerShot ELPH340HS recently quit syncing on photo downloads to my laptop. Re-downloading the software doesn't work to cure the problem. I then tried to get the Wi Fi set up - only to find that there is no display of an "Authentification Number" from the camera. I have tried many number of possible combinations listed on and in the camera including the MAC#, nickname, etc. - no luck! Therefore, no way left to download images!!

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, cbrodie184!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the quick reply - I am using Windows 8.1.  I would like to:

1. Fix the syncing issue so that I can use my USB cable.

2. Get the Wi Fi set up to use.

3. See what issues are involved in moving to Windows 10.0. I saw a lot of traffic in the discussions about issues in this move, so I am holding off until I see this resolved also.

Thanks, cbrodie184

cbrodie184,

When you say there is a sync issue between the camera and the computer, is your computer just not recognizing the camera when it is connected and powered on in the playback mode?

Does your computer make a sound when the camera is connected?

What other devices do you have connected to your computer?

What software are you using to try to connect to the camera to download images?

As for setting up a Wi-Fi connection, we do have guides on our website to help with this.  These guides have step-by-step instructions with illustrations.  Please click HERE.

The latest version of Camera Window, which we have an update posted on our website for HERE, is supported in Windows 10, so I do not see an issue in moving to Windows 10 if you want to, at least as far as your camera is concerned.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements