Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sx730 powershot battery issue

Today i bought a sx730 powershot, after unpacking my camera it says; battery communication error, does this battery display the cannon logo. Then i press yes, and it says; Battery may be counterfeit, please call customer support, shutting off for you safety

If i press no, i can continue, but no battery info is available. Its also not possible charging with the micro usb.

Anyone knows how to solve this

Many thanks
VIP

Re: Sx730 powershot battery issue

Is the battery fully charged?  New cameras fresh out of the box need a battery recharge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Respected Contributor

It must have some kind of warranty Id talk to the people you bought it from. If not or that's not possible I would try a new Canon brand battery although this is the first time I've ever seen/heard a problem like this. I've used knock-off brand batteries with no problems ever for a long time just not on your model camera

New Contributor

It was also the first time the store owner heard of this and gave me a new battery. Problem solved, the camera works perfectly now
Respected Contributor

YAY!!! glad to hear !!!

New Contributor

I saw this camera last week in the US but decided for warranty reasons to buy it in the Netherlands. Was a good choice :-) , would be a long flight
Respected Contributor

Yes, a wise decision on your part! There is little to no cooperation with warranties between countries.