cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sx730 powershot battery issue

Luc80
Apprentice
Today i bought a sx730 powershot, after unpacking my camera it says; battery communication error, does this battery display the cannon logo. Then i press yes, and it says; Battery may be counterfeit, please call customer support, shutting off for you safety

If i press no, i can continue, but no battery info is available. Its also not possible charging with the micro usb.

Anyone knows how to solve this

Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, a wise decision on your part! There is little to no cooperation with warranties between countries.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is the battery fully charged?  New cameras fresh out of the box need a battery recharge.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

John_
Authority

It must have some kind of warranty Id talk to the people you bought it from. If not or that's not possible I would try a new Canon brand battery although this is the first time I've ever seen/heard a problem like this. I've used knock-off brand batteries with no problems ever for a long time just not on your model camera

Luc80
Apprentice
It was also the first time the store owner heard of this and gave me a new battery. Problem solved, the camera works perfectly now

YAY!!! glad to hear !!!

Luc80
Apprentice
I saw this camera last week in the US but decided for warranty reasons to buy it in the Netherlands. Was a good choice 🙂 , would be a long flight

Yes, a wise decision on your part! There is little to no cooperation with warranties between countries.

Announcements