cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from the viewfinder to the back screen.

crystalbear51
Apprentice

I've used the back screen for all my shots and depend on it 90%. I cannot see the same shot when using the viewfinder. Somehow I switched from the screen to the viewfinder and I need to switch it back. I didn't go into the menu to change anything. How do i switch from the viewfinder to the back screen.

12 REPLIES 12

Tiffany

Hi Crystalbear51!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model camera you're using.  Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

This is ridiculous from Canon that nobody has a solution I cannot find any for a EOS 7D

@Nicof wrote:
This is ridiculous from Canon that nobody has a solution I cannot find any for a EOS 7D

Yes, this is ridiculous.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Nicof wrote:

Perhaps articulating your issue will help you find a solution? 

You can switch from DVF (Digital) to OVF (Optical) and back in still photo mode but not in Video mode on Canon EOS 7D ?

2 things I remember with cameras with a similar problem that has helped, first perform a reset to defaults through the settings menu and second make sure the eyecup on the viewfinder has not shifted up, blocking the light and is seated all the way down.

John_
Authority

Not knowing your model camera I would guess you pressed the "display" button on the back somewhere. That usually toggles it from the LCD to the viewfinder to both and then back again to the LCD.

I have a PowerShotSX10IS. I hit the display button twice like you said I might have, but the screen is still dark. I didn't go into the menu to change anything. The camera itself still works fine. I'm figuring something happened to the screen itself. I didn't bend it the wrong way. I'm still thankful the camera works. Any info you can give me is appreciated.

It's me again. I hit the button straight on but when I angled it up, the screen came back. Thank you so much for the hint. I took some great sunrise pictures that showed the sunlight going up. And again, thank you.

Announcements