cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stunned at LOW SX60 Price! £273.99. Canon planning something to supercede the SX60? Soon?

Grazie
Rising Star

OK, I have just seen a bone fide price for this camera, AT a very VERY well known UK retailler in London : £298.99 . . .  And THEN  you can have a further Canon Special Offer: Claim £25 via redemption, that's 273.99.

Are Canon planning on a newer version any time soon?

The offer is time limited.

G

7 REPLIES 7

John_
Authority

ha ha yes of course they are but Ive always said Im holding out for the SX100 !!

@John_ wrote:

ha ha yes of course they are but Ive always said Im holding out for the SX100 !!

What John is trying to tell you is there probably will always be a better camera in the future. So buy a camera that does what you want it to do at a price you can afford and go take pictures. The experience you gain taking pictures today, will likely out weigh any technological gain in the next model camera. The best camera is the one you have with you. And the most important piece of technology is located 4 inches behind the viewfinder.

Hi TTM - Couldn't agree more. My ££s earner is my XF300.

My impetus for pencilling my comments was to possibly glean from somebody if they have knowledge of a usurper for the SX60? The massive price drop fired my interest. So, less about the technologies and more about any breaking-news info.

BTW, I've had and have been using my SX50 since Sept 2013. I've just come back with 177gb of footage I shot in Namibia - South West Africa. Really could have done with the SX60's mic-in socket and it's video exposure-lock.

both the trip and that footage sounds pretty cool Grazie

Exactly and I figure my SX50 will last beyond the next SX model as well as the next one after that. I'd need a bigger leap than just another 10X optical zoom and perhaps a few more features.

WiFi would be nice and remote control via smartphones too.

I forgot to ask was that price for a new SX60 or a refurb, it's still at $460 something in US dollars so my guess is new.

Now that I think of it I think I saw SX60 refurbs at Canon in the high $300 US dollar range.

John, that is for a BRAND spanking new SX60. Search on the John Lewis site.

John, I'd hired an RV for 24 days and drove 5,000kms from the SA border North up through Nam, into Etosha, finally, sadly, handing back RV at Windhoek in mid-Nov.

It was anything BUT "cool" - I registered 51C at Sossusvlei. And yes, yes of course it was very very cool!!

Announcements