cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Through OBS with the PowerShot Canon GX7 Mark iii

PirateQueenRoxy
Apprentice

I'm trying to get a basic setup for streaming.

The Camera is not showing up as a source, in OBS.
It IS showing up in Game Capture HD.

I am on a MacBook Pro, Late 2012, running Catalina Version 10.15.4
Processor: 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I've downloaded the Elgato Game Capture for Mac, and their OBS Link for Mac. It's showing up fine in the OBS Link.

The PowerShot is hooked up into the Elgato HD60S "in," and the computer is also linked into the Elgato "in."
I'm using a Yeti mic, which is showing up just fine.
I also have a USB hub which I was planning on using, fwiw.

Anyone know what the issue might be?
I've already checked in my Privacy settings to make sure the apps have access to my camera.

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I know exactly what the problem is.  The computer sees the camera as a mass storage device, not as a web cam.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

But it's showing up Game Capture..

Is there a solution, or can the Mark iii only stream to Youtube?

PirateQueenRoxy
Apprentice
...BUMP...

Hi,

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Further,

Our team doesn't support this third party software. You may have better luck reaching out to the software developer. 

Tim
Authority

PirateQueenRoxy, 

The PowerShot G7X Mark III is capable of live streaming via WiFi to YouTube only.  It does not support any other platforms at this time.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tim
Authority

PirateQueenRoxy, 

Please see this new update from Canon regarding our Live View Beta software.  

EOS Webcam Utility Beta is a software solution which unlocks webcam-like capabilities for select EOS Inter-Changeable Lens and PowerShot cameras. By connecting your Canon camera to a computer with a USB cable, the camera will be available as a video source for many video conferencing applications.Note that this is a Beta version and it may contain errors. 

PowerSHot G7X Mark III Support and Downloads

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements