cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple basic focus question for SX30IS

sonicaaron
Apprentice

Hey everyone, 

This is quite embarrassing as I'm sure it's a simple fix but I cannot for the life of me get manual focus to work. I've consulted the manual etc.

I have switched the dial to P, or even M mode, then pushed the MF button to navigate to manual focus.

I can then use the dial to decide what I want to focus on to create a nice depth of field.

HOWEVER - the second I begin to push the shutter button the camera autofocuses and ignore all the focusing I've done manually. 

Am I missing something here?

Thanks a lot@

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Newsense52,

Your camera has a Manual- Safety Focus feature to adjust fine focus.

To disable this, you'll still need to be in one of the camera's "Creative" modes. Turn your camera, press the MENU button then scroll down to "Safety MF". Choose "OFF", then press the MENU Button to exit the menu.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

newsense52
Rising Star

At Menu-camera tab-arrow down to select digital zoom to " off ".

Again same thing Auto focus "off" , do not off the camera and  take a manual shooting in P mode.

Hi Newsense52,

Your camera has a Manual- Safety Focus feature to adjust fine focus.

To disable this, you'll still need to be in one of the camera's "Creative" modes. Turn your camera, press the MENU button then scroll down to "Safety MF". Choose "OFF", then press the MENU Button to exit the menu.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

sonicaaron
Apprentice
Thanks guys!
Announcements