cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoot video without audio

FaceInTheMud
Apprentice

Do digital cameras generally provide a way to shoot video without audio?  Would this save any memory, or is the audio component too small to make a noticable difference?

I own a Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS (IXUS 105 in North America), but I have a sneaking suspicion that the answer (be it yes or no) would apply to most digital camers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Limmie
Enthusiast

Of the 3 Powershots I have owned audio was automatically included for any normal shooting mode (perhaps for ultrafast frames for slow-motion movies it wasn't).  I just looked at a few movies taken with the SX280 (h264 video with MP4 audio) and my 1300IS (Motion JPEG with PCM audio). In the 3 movies I checked the audio component was only 1-2% of the total movie size.

Powershots: A80, SD1300is, SX280 (returned)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Limmie
Enthusiast

Of the 3 Powershots I have owned audio was automatically included for any normal shooting mode (perhaps for ultrafast frames for slow-motion movies it wasn't).  I just looked at a few movies taken with the SX280 (h264 video with MP4 audio) and my 1300IS (Motion JPEG with PCM audio). In the 3 movies I checked the audio component was only 1-2% of the total movie size.

Powershots: A80, SD1300is, SX280 (returned)

OK, thank Limmie.
Announcements