cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential or timed shots

Eurocycleguy
Apprentice

With the G16 can I set the camer up so that it will capture images every 60 seconds, or some other time interval,  until I cancel that operation?

I have looked throuth the manual index for this feature but cannot find any ref.

Can this model camera do this?

Thanks, Euro.

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Normally, you would use a programmable remote shutter switch known as an intervalometer to do that.  If the camera has an input for a remote shutter switch, then you can probably find one for it.

I use a Vello "ShutterBoss II" Timer switch for Canon.  Your G16 would use the one with the smaller "sub mini" connector.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Waddizzle,

thanks for the quick response. I was hoping for a setting inside the camera's software. Obviously, I don't have an intervalometer, not anxious to purchase one at this time. 

I can keep the shutter deressed and shot continuously, but I was looking for the magic setting so I could  mount the camera on my motorcycle and take a picture every minute.

This camera will capture vids also but I wanted to experiment with captured stills.

Thanks

Euro

John_
Authority

Your camera accepts a 2.5 mm plug in the remote shutter port. As mentoned there are interval timers that will do what you are asking just find one you like that has a 2.5mm male plug. Most come with several type plugs for different model cameras.

HHi John,

thanks for the reply, I will look into an intervalometer. say that fast three times...

Euro

LOL! your welcome

John_B
Rising Star

Hi Eurocycleguy! Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Before you invest in a remote take a look at the self timer options built into your camera! You can specify the delay (0-30 seconds) and number of shots (1-10)

Hope this helps and if you do have any questions on this or any other features of the camera please give a call to our award winning US based technical support team and they can answer any questions you have! 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 am, Saturday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm

Eurocycleguy
Apprentice
Hi, John B. This sounds like what I was looking for! Was hoping for at least 60 sec interval ... Will check it out! Euro
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements