cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen on G15

m61376
Apprentice

My G15 is a few months old and yesterday I noticed that on the LCD screen there was no display on either side. I realized that somehow I managed to change the aspect ratio without realizing it and reset it to 4:3. Now the image extends to the full screen width on the left side of the LCD screen, but there is a little over an eigth of an inch of black (no image) on hte right edge of the LCD screen. Is this normal for this camera, do I need to reset something or is something amiss? I don't remember it being that way initially, but I could have overlooked it.

Thanks for the help.

Takes awesome pictures; I really need to learn to use it more fully though.

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi m61376,
I recommend trying resetting your camera to its default settings.

To do this, turn the camera on and press the MENU button.  Now navigate to the "Settings" tab (yellow with wrench & hammer icon), then scroll down to "Reset all...".  Now press the FUNC SET button, choose "OK", then press FUNC SET again.

If the issue persists, please contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks- in the interim I called Canon's excellent CS and he shecked with a stock camera, and in hte 4:3 aspect ratio it is normal to see about an eigth of an inch of clack screen on the lcd just on the right side. 

There was no need t reset the camera to the default settings, and doing so wouldn't have addressed my concern as to whether it was normal to have part of the lcd screen blank only on one side of the screen, but thanks for your step by step directions in case I feel I ever need to reset it.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements