cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen battery Image (flashing orange battery)

OB1
Apprentice

I bought my powershot ELPH 180 as a back up backup camera ... pocket size great features, over a year ago.  The battery had a charge, when I bought it, so used it until it died before recharging.  A year later, when I needed it most, the battery finally died.  I put it in the supplied charger, and after leaving it for about 12 hours, I put the battery back in the camera ... and everything seems to work, but the battery icon looks normal for a second, then turns orange and starts flashing?  Looked in manual for troubleshooting, and saw nothing ... is this a problem?  Should I ignore?  Thanks in Advance ....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OB1
Apprentice

NEVER MIND! .... got it figured out myself.  Flashing orange battery on LED screen image, was indicator of a dead battery on what I was certain was a freshly charged battery .... I attempted taking photographs with flashing orang icon ... and finally system prompted DEAD BATTERY.

Questioning that due to having just charged the battery for 10 hours ... I placed battery back in charger .... and what didn't happen the first time, happened this time ... an orange indicator light came on the charger. (First time charging, no indicator light came on ... as I said, this was my first time charging the battery that came with the camera, bought over a year ago.)  I let the battery charge about 3 hours, to find the light on the charger changed to green indicating full charge .... popped battery in camera, and everything is fine ..... blame, first time charge of new camera battery ... and owners manual didn't explain charging process ...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

OB1
Apprentice

NEVER MIND! .... got it figured out myself.  Flashing orange battery on LED screen image, was indicator of a dead battery on what I was certain was a freshly charged battery .... I attempted taking photographs with flashing orang icon ... and finally system prompted DEAD BATTERY.

Questioning that due to having just charged the battery for 10 hours ... I placed battery back in charger .... and what didn't happen the first time, happened this time ... an orange indicator light came on the charger. (First time charging, no indicator light came on ... as I said, this was my first time charging the battery that came with the camera, bought over a year ago.)  I let the battery charge about 3 hours, to find the light on the charger changed to green indicating full charge .... popped battery in camera, and everything is fine ..... blame, first time charge of new camera battery ... and owners manual didn't explain charging process ...

Announcements