cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX740 HS video showing as size 0GB on Mac but playing on camera

jordiia94
Apprentice

I'm trying to transfer videos from my powershot sx740 HS to my macbook pro. I'm using a micro usb to usb cable. Some of the videos show as 0GB in the Image Capture application. But when I play those videos back in the camera's playback option, the video plays.

How can I transfer these videos to my mac?

Please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jordiia94
Apprentice
Due to the size being 0gb I wasn’t able to import the movies with ImageCapture. However, I found a work around when I used the memory card reader instead!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jordiia94,

Thank you for posting.

From your description, it sounds like the ImageCapture is reporting information on movies that are still on your camera's memory card.

Have you tried importing the movies to your computer? If so, does their size remain at "0 GB"?

Also, have you tried using a card reader?  If so, are the results similar?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jordiia94
Apprentice
Due to the size being 0gb I wasn’t able to import the movies with ImageCapture. However, I found a work around when I used the memory card reader instead!

Arauzajacky
Apprentice
I have the same issue !!

tortellini225
Apprentice

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to fix this problem in a simple manner. I am not the best with technological jargon, but I've tried uploading a clip from my camera onto my computer using a usb cable, and it says that the clip is 0GB on my computer (however, that is impossible. The clip is a long clip that I cannot figure out how to split into two on this camera, and I can play the entire video on my camera itself). I'm wondering if there's an actual workaround on the camera  to split the video into two separate clips? 

Announcements