cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX720HS Black screen on start, won't focus at full zoom

KHCLJYY
Apprentice

The camera is a few months old. Recently I noticed the display screen is black following startup. The screen is how it would be usually except the view is all black. This doesn't go away after restarting, it only goes away after switching from review and photo modes a few times. 

Another problem is is the camera will not focus at full zoom across a longer distance. It used to work fine, all of a sudden one day it wouldn't focus out at full zoom when it's over a few feet away. I tested it zooming across the room, that worked fine. Once I took it outside and tried to zoom in all the way it's like someone held a piece of waxed paper in front of the camera. None of the modes help either.

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KHCLJYY,

Thank you for taking time to post.

Based on your description, your camera will require service. You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, you may create an account or log into your existing account. These options make it easier to request the repair of more than one product. You may also choose the "Continue" button to "Continue without an Account".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements