cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX70HS LCD screen blacks out intermittently

LeeO
Apprentice
Hi, I think the blacking out is caused by the camera sensing something near the viewfinder and automatically switching off the LCD screen. I can't find any settings to turn it off, and Google hasn't helped except for settings to stop Panasonic cameras doing the same! Any help from the community would be appreciated! 🙂 Cheers, Lee
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LeeO
Apprentice
Hi thanks for the reply. I had another play last night and found a display control setting which had the choice of manual or auto, chose manual them chose lcd and now if something goes past the viewfinder sensor it no longer longer blacks out but if I close the screen the viewfinder still works. Yay. Winning! Hopefully I'm sorted for today's adventure now. First day with it yesterday was much more successful than I'd expected, I'm really happy with it especially now I've solved the screen blackout problem!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_
Authority

Have you tried to adjust the Power saving settings which will turn the display off? Also if you have Eco mode on you cannot change those Power saving settings. In any case, your camera is new, still under warranty and if it is not a setting or if it goes away mysteriously it would be wise to call Canon for service and support now. 

LeeO
Apprentice
Hi thanks for the reply. I had another play last night and found a display control setting which had the choice of manual or auto, chose manual them chose lcd and now if something goes past the viewfinder sensor it no longer longer blacks out but if I close the screen the viewfinder still works. Yay. Winning! Hopefully I'm sorted for today's adventure now. First day with it yesterday was much more successful than I'd expected, I'm really happy with it especially now I've solved the screen blackout problem!
Announcements