Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

SX610 won't connect to Wi-Fi

I was trying to setup the Wi-Fi, but no luck. It will connect to my phones and tablet through NFC and then the phone connecting to the camera. But when I try connecting the camera to the home Wi-Fi, it keeps saying connection unavailable (or something close) I've tried both auto and manual settings, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SX610 won't connect to Wi-Fi

@Voodoocc wrote:
I was trying to setup the Wi-Fi, but no luck. It will connect to my phones and tablet through NFC and then the phone connecting to the camera. But when I try connecting the camera to the home Wi-Fi, it keeps saying connection unavailable (or something close) I've tried both auto and manual settings, but no luck. Any suggestions?

I don't mean to imply anything about your knowledge of the subject, but doing tricky things with WiFi is definitely not an exercise for newbies. Here's a hint: Make sure you know, for every device in that mix, whether it's trying to function as an access point or a client. If you can't find out, or if you're not sure what difference it makes, you're out of your depth.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA