cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60hs: Monitor Audio IN?

Grazie
Rising Star

Whilst Recording, is there a trick or way to do this?

TIA 

11 REPLIES 11

Grazie,

It sounds like Canon used the available A/D converters in this model to their full extent so there aren't any spare resources to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously.  From what I have read you are doing a great job of getting everything out of it possible and are probably using a greater percent of its capabiliities than 90% of other users; it is nice to see gear being fully utilized instead of having only a fraction of its features and capabilities ever utilized.  And you learn a lot more about your craft when you have to dig deep and be creative to accomplish what you want.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nscFrom what I have read you are doing a great job of getting everything out of it possible and are probably using a greater percent of its capabiliities than 90% of other users; it is nice to see gear being fully utilized instead of having only a fraction of its features and capabilities ever utilized.  And you learn a lot more about your craft when you have to dig deep and be creative to accomplish what you want.

Rodger

Rodger thanks for the recognition. Would you like to see my Pimped-SX60? As to the "issue" at hand I think I've found a sweet solution. Smiley Wink

When I drove across London to track down a converter for my iRig Pre, it would seem I have interested the techs over there to who've now categorically informed me that the iRig Pre will only play nicely with iDevices - and that my wish for Head Phone monitoring is a lost cause . . . .

I've spent most of Saturday, including the whee small hours on the same Google-Quest for a "solution" to Headphone Monitoring for cameras and my SX60 in particular. I've watched at least 30 YT videos - my goodness there are some rubbish presenters out there - and have neat device that has that all important iDevice to DSLR Camera switch!! Using this, and I've seen the demos, I can have a multitude of Mic inputs and that all important Head Phone Monitor of the Mic-IN channels - stunning:

• Two XLR microphone inputs
  • Two 6.35mm guitar inputs
  • Two 3.5 mm inputs
  • Mono / Stereo switch
  • Camera / phone switch
  • +48V phantom power
  • 3.5 mm headphone output for monitoring

It is a 2-Channel PreAmp with independent volume controls.

Announcements