cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60hs: Monitor Audio IN?

Grazie
Rising Star

Whilst Recording, is there a trick or way to do this?

TIA 

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If you don't have an obvious headphone jack, probably not.

John_
Authority

No, you only have audio out on that model

John, methinks you mean only Audio IN. If I had live audio OUT I’d be home and dry. 😉 Thanks for responding.

Ive got an iRig Pre that gives me control of Pre Amp that has ia Headphone Jack and I’m researching a Live Audio IN solution. But yes, if I’d want features I’d need to spend much more than the SX60.

hmmmmmm...I looked at your manual, page 4, item 9 is listed as A/V Out?

Yeah, that’s not a LIVE Out, that’s purely for playing to an external monitor AFTER capture. Great for auditioning my clips. I wish it were different. Man Sad

ahhh I see, looks like Canon dropped the ball on that one. To me, it does not seem so technically difficult to have that output able to do both live and playback.

Well, John, my feeling is that it is a wee bit more fundamental in terms of presenting features to a User: You can have your Mic in, but don’t expect to do real time monitoring of it the Audio signal 🤨  

It would be a bit of a kludge but you could probably find a tiny battery powered audio mixer equipped with a headphone monitor output.  Perhaps you could put the other mic or line inputs to use in some video situations.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

“It would be a bit of a kludge but you could probably find a tiny battery powered audio mixer equipped with a headphone monitor output.”

Yes, this is what I’m pursuing with my iRig Pre. I’d post a link but I don’t think I’m allowed to. This is I use with XLR and monitored with HDs to my iPhone and iPad. It works and has both a 48v supply and signal increase. It’s a stunning piece of kit, and for 30 Bux yah can’t go wrong. However once connected to the SX60 the HD output is dead. Ughhh....

Announcements