cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 not generating an SSID

davidra
Contributor

I purchased a used SX60 in very good condition but cannot get it to connect to anything. First, I reset everything to default. I set up a nickname for the camera. After downloading the app, upon pressing the phone button, I get two icons, one for a phone and one for a computer. I select the phone. A screen appears which says "searching for access points" and then almost immediately I get a "connection failed" notification. I've tried this multiple times, tried changing the wifi settings (which are very few). The MAC address shows nothing but a series of F's. Am I doing something wrong, or is the camera unable to generate a hot spot (which is what it appears). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it is pretty simple to do and if you have the option to return/exchange it you should do that. The firmware may be corrupted

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for the help. I can return it (Amazon Warehouse). I posted on the DP Review board but I have no problem returning it. 

Well, at least you bought it from a good source with a very good return policy!

Update: the firmware was corrupted. I returned it and bought another which worked without any problem. Thanks again. 

Announcements