cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 HS - how long keep settings without main battery

Blokhi
Contributor

SX60 HS doesn't keep date/time settings and seems other setting too when main battery is taken out for recharge. How long camera must keep settings without main battery? I have sent camera for repair, got refirbished with the same problem - memory loss.

Should I continue sending camera for warranty repair until Canon will do something reasonable? Or retun money for that camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

The internal date and time battery should charge up in 4 hours with a charged battery pack installed. Then it should hold the date and time setting for about 3 weeks once charged and the battery pack removed.

If it is not doing that or close enough to that then by all means send it back for repairs or replacement or refund.

To my knowledge that is not a chronic problem with the SX60's so in all liklihood you got a defective one they need to fix.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Because it can happen and it happened. I do not use camera every day. But only two days?!! And lost settings? Not in my old G10. Does anybody know Canon spec on how long internal battery must keep settings?
We do manufacture electronic equipment that has internal backup battery. It can loose time/date settings if sitting on shelf for one year. We would have a big trouble if it was keeping settings only for few days.

John

Thank you. I  have't wait for three weeks, but checked in few hours, in one day, in three days - still have correct Date/Time .

Means that you are rif=ght - not a chronoc problem. But now refurbished camera have not that silent lense movement compare to my original camera. Beware of high zoom. I new that but couldn't find something that I would love: compact and versatile like my G10, but zoom ~20, have viewfinder and AA battery powered. Sure large CMOS sensor.

Thanks again

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements