cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 HS Missing from manual

DLA23
Contributor

P1270192.jpgHi

If I press the function button, move down to White Balance & then press the Menu button a square appears on screen with B, G, A & M at each side (see attached pic). I can find no mention of this in the manual & can only guess at what the letters stand for (Blue, Green, Magenta, ?). You can move between these using the up/down/left/right buttons & it appears to change the white balance.

Can anyone tell me more?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Stephen

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

This is advanced manual white balance editing. You can find information on what each of the settings are, and how to adjust them on page 77 of the Camera User Guide. You might be looking at a smaller version that doesn't have all of the information, so you're welcome to download a PDF version HERE

We hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Oh Woopee! Now I discover a variety of functions I've puzzled over since I bought the camera (with a basic manual!).

Why on earth does Canon not provide the full manual at the outset? I've spent ages searching for a variety of answers to functions not mentioned! What other imformation might there be that I've yet to be informed of?

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

This is advanced manual white balance editing. You can find information on what each of the settings are, and how to adjust them on page 77 of the Camera User Guide. You might be looking at a smaller version that doesn't have all of the information, so you're welcome to download a PDF version HERE

We hope this helps! 

Oh Woopee! Now I discover a variety of functions I've puzzled over since I bought the camera (with a basic manual!).

Why on earth does Canon not provide the full manual at the outset? I've spent ages searching for a variety of answers to functions not mentioned! What other imformation might there be that I've yet to be informed of?

Thank you.

Click the link in the post above your last one. I suspect that there's only one version of the manual for that model of camera. If you go to page 77 you'll find information about the manual white balance adjustment. Smiley Wink

There's 2 manuals: There's the shortened version that came in the box and is available in many places on line then there's the advanced manual which includes extra information - much more useful. I thought it odd there were a number of undocumented features.

Hi DLA23!

We usually only include a basic manual (when we do include a manual) because it's the most environmentally friendly, and cost effective option. Most people just pull their electronic goodies out of the packaging and throw everything else away, including all of the manuals. After doing some research, we found it to be in the best interest of the planet, and in the end, the customers' wallets to not include the bigger manuals. We get to pass the savings on to you, and there is less garbage in landfills around the planet. Win/Win.

We always make sure that the manuals are available for free to download from Canon sites. Never, ever, ever pay for a digital copy of a Canon manual that's a recent model! 

We hope this helps clarify, and if you have questions, just let us know! 

Announcements