cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 DATE/TIME BATTERY

assafaman
Apprentice

Hi

I have followed instructions for date/time settings and about the 3 weeks backup time/4 hours charging time.

Still, the date/time settings are reset every time the camera battery is taken out.

Is there a way to replace the date/time battery

Thanks

Assaf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, and you are welcome! As long as you have a time set it should not matter. I would try giving Canon a call, perhaps your camera is still under warranty. The only option is a repair and I am not sure if the battery is part of a circuit board so the whole board has to get replaced and not just the battery. At some point, Canon moved away from user replaceable batteries for the date and time. So basically your only option is a repair at this point, hopefully under warranty.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

You did the correct things, it looks like your camera might have a problem. Did you set the time in your Home time zone and not the World time zone? The date-time battery is not replaceable by the user. How old is your camera? Can you return it for an exchange? The SX60 is a good camera. At the very least register your camera with Canon and call them but you did do all the right things to charge the date-time battery.

assafaman
Apprentice
Hi John thanks for commenting.

the camera is about one year old. Im pretty sure I registered it but ill check again.

as for the time zone, unfortunately I couldn't find my time zone on the list so I chose Cairo 🙂

so if the battery is not replaceable by the user, what other option are available?

Hi, and you are welcome! As long as you have a time set it should not matter. I would try giving Canon a call, perhaps your camera is still under warranty. The only option is a repair and I am not sure if the battery is part of a circuit board so the whole board has to get replaced and not just the battery. At some point, Canon moved away from user replaceable batteries for the date and time. So basically your only option is a repair at this point, hopefully under warranty.

assafaman
Apprentice
thanks
Announcements