cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX530HS no longer can use WiFi Security Settings after Mesh or Windows update

Steveleiden1
Contributor

My camera is the SX530HS. For some time I’ve been able to connect via WiFi for picture download to my laptop.

Recently I installed the ASUS AIMESH to cover my house with one SSID throughout. Now when I try to connect via WiFi, the camera tells me “incorrect WiFi security settings” and pushes me through either auto using WPS or manual. When the Mesh was put in place, I kept the same security protocol (WPA2-Personal AES) and security password. All other devices connect normally. The camera will connect via the simple WPS PBC. But, this means going to the access point router every time I have pictures to transfer.

I recently installed Windows 10 version 2004 (2020_04) could this be a problem?

Has anyone got a mesh setup to work normally for WiFi picture transfer?

What do I need to do to get the camera to recognize the WiFi security settings like before?

Any help is appreciated?

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well good news. The most recent firmware update from ASUS for the RT-AC88U has completely fixed this issue. My camera is connecting via WiFi quite normally again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds like you have a few things going on here.

This is what I suggest.  Upgrade the camers to FW v1.1.0.0

camershttps://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca...

This actually adds support for the canon image gateway (which I know you are not using) but it won't hurt to update the camera to the latest firmware.

Next, ensure you have the latest Digital Camera Software v5.1 installed on your W10 computer.  This includes Camera window and support for wireless connectivity.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca...

This guide is very helpful:

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/camera/Sending-images-to-a-computer_sx530.pdf

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadowsports

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have downloaded the Firmware update on Canon's website, but for the life of me cannot find any instructions for installing firmware in the SX530HS. There is not any entry in the menu's for firmware.

Can you point me to such a set of instructions?

A Google search only showed updates for EOS cameras.

I already have Camera Window 5.1 on my machines and have been using for years.

Any other thoughts are welcomed

Steve

Well good news. The most recent firmware update from ASUS for the RT-AC88U has completely fixed this issue. My camera is connecting via WiFi quite normally again.

Announcements