cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX530HS Remote Focus

Lilmoose
Apprentice

I have been able to connect my SX530 HS to my Ipad and use the Ipad to zoom and take pictures with the CameraConnect app.  However, the focus on the pictures is, at times, a little off.   I have the camera dial set on "P".  When I touch the shutter button on the Ipad, I was expecting to see the image focus as it does when you press the camera shutter half-way but that doesn't happen.  Is there something I can do to get better focus (e.g. manual focus on camera)?  

3 REPLIES 3

noahgambles
Apprentice
Bump. I love the camera but hate its apparent lack of remote shooting capabilities. I'm guessing the Canon Smart app only provides MF and exposure adjustment for higher-end (DSLR) cameras? Some clarity on this would be greatly appreciated. I've taken so many blurry photos with my PowerShot SX530 HS even after setting up my tripod!

It is wifi-enabled, so I am hoping for a workaround of some kind. There are 3rd party remote shooting apps but I haven't found success with any of them yet.

Canon pls.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lilmoose,

Thank you for posting.

I regret the delay in responding to your inquiry.

Unfortunately, the Camera Connect app does not offer support for pre-focusing and manual focusing, when used with the PowerShot SX530 HS.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

noahgambles
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply. Could you shed some light on the hardware limitations preventing this? Perhaps the lack of bluetooth connectivity? Is there any chance support will be added in the future?
Announcements