Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SX530 HS Shutter dial problem

I have a PowerShot SX530 HS that has a problem with the shutter dial.

The dial(on the top of the camera) was working but one day when I went to go take some photos the dial stoped working.

I'm looking for some information on how to fix it, and what would have caused it.

VIP

Re: SX530 HS Shutter dial problem

@BlenderTimer wrote:

I have a PowerShot SX530 HS that has a problem with the shutter dial.

The dial(on the top of the camera) was working but one day when I went to go take some photos the dial stoped working.

I'm looking for some information on how to fix it, and what would have caused it.

All-in-one cameras tend to more disposable than serviceable.  I suggest that you contact Canon Support.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
New Contributor

I already contacted canon support, and they said that there was no email support for the product.
VIP

@BlenderTimer wrote:
I already contacted canon support, and they said that there was no email support for the product.

No, you need to arrange to have it sent in for Service.  You need to create a service ticket number.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Well what I really wanted was a fix simple enough for me, but it is what it is.
Respected Contributor

Apart from a miracle, your camera has an internal problem requiring service and maybe parts. A repair would not be the best route and very expensive. For instance, these are selling on Amazon, new for $229 with free shipping and used as low as $139.