Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

SX530 HS No WIFI Connection To PC

HI all,

Just got my 530.

Trying to set it up to connect to a networked (wired) PC.

Ran the Canon wifi setup.

The camera connects to my wirelss access point ok then searches.

It found my PC once and I did the setup.

Now it never finds it or connects to it.

I select the device from the camera then it sits and searches for 10 minutes or so then errors with No Device Found.

On the couple of occations that it did say Connected, the PC still did see it or Camera Window also didn't see it.

Going to call Canon next week but in the mean time thanks for any ideas.

New Contributor

Re: SX620 HS No WIFI Connection To PC too

I'm having the same problem with my SX620HS. A couple of months ago I was able to set up the Wifi and transfer photos. Now it can't find my computer wifi. Think I downloaded all the Canon apps again, so on my computer twice.

I pulled up "image Transfer Utility"  It's telling me to use CameraWindow to make settings. "Connect your camera and your computer (it's not connecting).  Open CameraWindow, then configure the link on the Web Service Settings screen"

VIP

Re: SX530 HS No WIFI Connection To PC

There are videos that show you how to do it.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot/long-zoom-...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

I have been through the videos on the setup.

New Contributor

Thank you, but I've gone over the videos and read the manual. Don't understand why my camera transferred photos before & my computer found the device. Now it doesn't.

New Contributor

Well, this thing really is a piece of junk.

It is obvious Canon doesn't care if it works either since their software is 4 years out of date and really doesn't even support Windows 10.

Googleing shows that trying to connect the 530 to a PC via WIFI is a major issue but pretty much there are no solutions.