cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX50 viewfinder not working

hollysweeney
Apprentice

it powers on, displays already take images,but unable to take pix, acts as if the lens cap were still on, doesn't matter whether i change display from lcd screen to viewfinder- if it is the shutter about how much to fix?

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

That's not good and as far as fixing it, it will cost more than your camera is worth right now. You can buy a good used one from Amazon right now for $227 and get an extended warranty with it just to be safe. A repair will cost more than that.

If your shutter is stuck I've heard of this working to unstick it: Set up a long exposure 15 seconds will do, take the exposure and about in the middle of the exposure open the battery compartment. I heard that sudden jolt of power loss could free up a stuck shutter, it's worth a shot, literally.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

A couple of questions come to mind:

1.  Is this a genuine Canon battery or a 3rd party one?

2.  If it is the genuine Canon one, how long have you been using it - the camera is not a new one...

3.  If you put the battery on charge does it show as fully charged?

It may be worth the effort to find another battery, fully charge it and then put it in your camera.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Hollysweeney,

Thank you for posting.

For options that include sending your camera in for repair/ replacement and participation in the Canon Upgrade Program, please contact our Toll-Free Technical Support team. You may reach them by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements