cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX50 WB

sebaspons
Contributor

Hi, I've been using the camera for over half a year,  and overall I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting.

There is a slight problem with the white balance, I think there is a slight yellow tint on white objects. It is more noticeable where I live because of ambient light pinging from sandstone/sand (I  live in the Arava desert).

Is there a way to correct it so even in automatic settings  will reflect what is seen (corrected) by the naked eye.

I don't know if I explained it well as my native lenguage is not English....

I'll be grateful for your response

sebastian pons

2 REPLIES 2

Grazie
Rising Star

The ONLY way to tame White balance is to use Manual controls and clamped it to a WB set by a WHITE card. Why do you think that Auto WB will get you through this? - Every time you move the shot, AUTO will reconfigure, and you'll get in a helluva mess.

Grazie

Thank you for your answer. I shoot mainly in P and AV mode, and I'm aware of the manual pages 122 to 125. I don't expect Auto WB to help much in my circunstances, and this is why I was asking if I could setup the WB with the overrride preset to the ambient light that I will encouner in most cases....

Thank you again

sebastian pons

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements