cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX50 - Superfine

MLBsx50
Apprentice

Is there any way to get Superfine in Auto mode?  I know you can set it in P mode, as well as C1 & C2, but why not in Auto?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Mykolas
Authority

Hi MLBsx50,

I am sorry, but the superfine compression setting is not available in the auto mode.  It is only available in the P, Tv, Av, and M modes.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This seems to be true for my SX60 HS, also.

Why wouldn't I want SuperFine for my AUTO shots?

I'm relatively new to all of the options available on this new camera and am shooting AUTO to compare to M, P, etc until I get it figured out.

But, in the meantime, I'd want the best quality.

Am I misunderstanging SuperFine vs Fine?

Thank you,

Hi AuntFrahn,

Thanks for posting.

Your camera's "Creative" modes (P, Tv, Av, etc) provide you with more control over the way your images are taken. You may use the "P" mode to allow the camera to perform all imaging tasks, automatically. It just allows you a bit of control over the way the camera performs those tasks, such as the Super Fine setting, among others..

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. Yes, it helps, but I don't see the 'Accept as Solution' button.

Glad we could help, AuntFrahn!

The "Accept as Solution" option is only available to the original poster of the thread, as a way for them to confirm if a posted solution has worked for them, so no need to worry.  We apologize for any confusion and hope this clarifies!

thank you
Announcements