cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX50 Other shooting modes lose ISO control

gliebisch
Apprentice

When selecting Special Shooting modes (SCN) on the SX50, such as Stitch Assist, why do I lose control of the ISO setting? It seems to revert to ISO AUTO.  I can understand why some of the SCN modes require their own preprogrammed settings in order to implement the desired effect, but it seems ISO should remain in command of the user in Stitch assist mode.

--GaryL

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Gary:

I had a look at the manual for this camera on P107 for stitch mode and P117 for ISO, and find no reference about ISO in Stitch mode.  What I DID observe is that the screen shots show the ISO set to Auto.  So, perhaps that is the mode it requires for the stitch algorithm to work.

Personally I set the camera to manual, take an average of the readings across the range I want to photograph and then shoot using those settings.  It's old school but it works and I have total control over all settings.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements