cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX280 - battery life shooting video

factoryguy
Apprentice

UPDATED May 5:

I apologize to the forum for mixing two different problems.  They are unrelated.

Problem #1:  User error.  I thought I was using a class 6 SD card but I was wrong. The yellow "!" indicates a pathologically slow card.  Upgrading to a class 10 resolved this problem.

Problem #2: UNRESOLVED.  Red battery indicator comes on prematurely.  On a fresh charge, it'll turn red after recording for a couple of minutes.  On a partially drained battery, it turns red immediately upon entering movie mode or pressing the record button.  Turn the camera off and then right back on in "still" mode and it shows full charge and works fine ... until trying to shoot video.  I have not precisely measured recording times but it'll record for at least 20 (maybe 30?) minutes while flashing red.

1,334 REPLIES 1,334

I have a Canon SX280, which had the battery problem when it passed to the video mode. After i have updated the firmware and still the same problem remained. I replaced the memory card for a Micro SD (with adapter) of Samsung 16GB Class 10, and what was my astonishment when the battery problem no longer exists. I was very happy, and I can now take the maximum of my SX280.

I have noted here only to be able to help, exchange cards!!

tenho uma canon sx280, a qual tinha o problema da bateria quando se passava para o modo de video. Após ter actualizado o firmware continuava na mesma e o problema mantinha-se. Troquei o cartão de memoria por um micro sd (com adaptador) da samsung 16 GB Classe 10, e qual foi o meu espanto quando o problema de bateria deixou de existir. Fiquei muito feliz, e posso agora aproveitar ao maximo a compra. Apenas me registei aqui para poder ajudar, troquem os cartões!!!

I have always used a Class 10 memory card. That does not solve the problem.

My card is also a class10....

still try to swap cards, solved my problem once.
and it makes sense because it is the video recording that the requirement is high. I'm just telling my experience. I've recorded some videos with the use of zoom, each with more than 5 min and the battery continues to be indicated as full (full HD 60fps)

Thanks i will try with other card... 

I only use Class 10 cards. Does not matter which one I put in the camera. They are all the same. I have 4 Class 10 cards.

I use a micro sd with adapter brand Samsung 16GB Class 10 cost me € 14

then how to explain my problem has disappeared? I did not do anything else, just changed the card was in the store to return the machine, and someone remembered to change the card, as had happened in previous models, and it is certain that the problem no longer exists. I have no logical explanation, try a card like mine ... I do not know what else I can tell you

Can you tell more details about the micro sd and about the adapter? I also tried my 3 sdcards class 10 and always the same...

I have nothing more, the adapter that came included and samsung micro sd 16GB class 10. Even now recorded a video about 5min and occupies about 1GB or so, the battery remains the same, no problem.

I belive you, but please put the site you have bought your's or a site were is the same card.

On samsungs site there are MicroSD, Micro SDHC Plus and Micro SDHC PRO....

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements