cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX280 - battery life shooting video

factoryguy
Apprentice

UPDATED May 5:

I apologize to the forum for mixing two different problems.  They are unrelated.

Problem #1:  User error.  I thought I was using a class 6 SD card but I was wrong. The yellow "!" indicates a pathologically slow card.  Upgrading to a class 10 resolved this problem.

Problem #2: UNRESOLVED.  Red battery indicator comes on prematurely.  On a fresh charge, it'll turn red after recording for a couple of minutes.  On a partially drained battery, it turns red immediately upon entering movie mode or pressing the record button.  Turn the camera off and then right back on in "still" mode and it shows full charge and works fine ... until trying to shoot video.  I have not precisely measured recording times but it'll record for at least 20 (maybe 30?) minutes while flashing red.

1,334 REPLIES 1,334

Edsel?!?

From Wikipedia, "The very word "Edsel" became a popular symbol for failure."

LOL
Thank's to the explanation.

I guess there must be much younger people reading and not knowing what "edsel" was! Forgive me. I forget other people in the world are not old as dirt like me.

I'm not so young (40 years) and never eared this edsel. Also because edsel it's a car that never have been sold on Europe so it's a strange expression to major people on Europe. But now, i know what's the meaning.
Regards

It is an expression referred to many times in the USA. A blip in history. I'm 83 !

@QualityPictures wrote:

My camera is the same as yours, but my whole family uses this camera. So taking away the battery level indication in the camera would cause frustration and missed photo and video opertunities. Also the worry of charging, as sometimes a battery can be left in the charger for weeks. I'd have to run some tests to see if just the full charge light is affected or whether the battery can end up being over charged, with the tape on.

Just remove the tape before you put it in the charger.

I always remove the tape when put the battery on charger.

Jason
Whiz

Hi everyone, to keep you and your gear safe we don't recommend do-it-yourself modifications, such as covering the middle pin with tape. In fact, doing this will interrupt important circuits that could cause unsafe conditions, such as overheating. We strongly advise against modifying the battery in any way.

Jason. Your suggestion,

Hi everyone, to keep you and your gear safe we don't recommend do-it-yourself modifications, such as covering the middle pin with tape. In fact, doing this will interrupt important circuits that could cause unsafe conditions, such as overheating. We strongly advise against modifying the battery in any way.

Is funny.  People would not resort to trying such fixes if Canon would truly own up AND FIX the issues that this camera has.

Announcements