From Wikipedia, "The very word "Edsel" became a popular symbol for failure."

Frequent Contributor

Re: SX280 - battery life shooting video

LOL
Thank's to the explanation.
Frequent Contributor

@QualityPictures wrote:

My camera is the same as yours, but my whole family uses this camera. So taking away the battery level indication in the camera would cause frustration and missed photo and video opertunities. Also the worry of charging, as sometimes a battery can be left in the charger for weeks. I'd have to run some tests to see if just the full charge light is affected or whether the battery can end up being over charged, with the tape on.

Just remove the tape before you put it in the charger.

Frequent Contributor

I always remove the tape when put the battery on charger.
Frequent Contributor

I guess there must be much younger people reading and not knowing what "edsel" was! Forgive me. I forget other people in the world are not old as dirt like me.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not so young (40 years) and never eared this edsel. Also because edsel it's a car that never have been sold on Europe so it's a strange expression to major people on Europe. But now, i know what's the meaning.
Regards
Frequent Contributor

It is an expression referred to many times in the USA. A blip in history. I'm 83 !

Occasional Contributor

Hi all , I will test this idea. Buy Kit ACK-DC40, cheap AliExpress (U$S 12). From Kit use only false battery adapter and connector. Buy Flashlight + 18650 batteries (same voltage , technology, much more battery capacity than Canon original NB6L) + Charger (U$S 25) kit. Use the flashlight as battery holder with a cable plugged into the camera. Put the flashlight in your pocket and shoot many videos !!!
New Contributor

This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

So Canon, you sell me a brand new camera which you know has a defect, then you offer to replace it with a used repaired camera, and you think that's fair? This is why I won't buy another Canon product and I will warn others against doing so.